Position: Certified and Non-Certified Officer Salary Range: $15.86 - $24.45
Under the supervision ofthe Sergeant - Patrol, the employee performs law enforcement activities onbehalf of the City Police Department; performs patrol duties of assigned area;processes civil and criminal papers in accordance with established procedures;provides security for court proceedings; and for special events held within theCity; and performs maintenance checks on equipment prior to each shift.
1. Possess a high school diploma or GED.
2. Possess APOSTC certification; passing the written exam with score of 70% or higher.
3. Must be at least nineteen (19) years of age.
4. Must be U.S. citizen.
5. Ability to pass the Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission (APOSTC) Physical Training test prior to hire.
6. Possess a current and valid driverís license and be insurable.
7. Ability to participate in continuing education activities to maintain certification.
8. Ability to wear appropriate uniforms and safety equipment.
9. Ability to work nonstandard hours and emergency call-backs.
10. Ability to travel.